Monday, June 30, 2008

The Fight to be the Sandbox King

Photobucket
Photo by photoluna25.

The US and Israel still seem very interested in attacking Iran to keep them from having nuclear weapons. Most of the debate around this concerns whether Iran is using its nuclear technology to create harmless power or to create weapons. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how the US and Israel can be complaining about anybody having nuclear weapons. These two countries have nuclear weapons in fantastical numbers. I might feel a little less confused about this if anyone could show me an instance where either country justified this hypocrisy, even if their justification makes no sense. But I guess since the US invaded Iraq without any such justification, I really shouldn't get my hopes up.

Chaaaaanyway, Al Jazeera says:
This is while Iran insists that it is conducting its nuclear program under the regulations of the UN nuclear watchdog and insists that its program is aimed at generating electricity for a growing population.

Israel, believed to be the sole possessor of 'at least 150 nuclear warheads' in the Middle East, seeks to persuade US President George W. Bush to halt Iran's nuclear program by military rather than diplomatic means before the end of his term in office.

No comments: